Monday, July 15, 2013

Necessity is the mother of Invention

As I mentioned in the earlier post, I bought 2 kg of Sausages in an effort to save money on food.

Well... it worked.

I did save a large deal of money on meals, but I have gotten real creative in my meals. Here was last night's dinner leftover with one difference. I added Mozzarella Cheese and microwaved it. (Yeah I know it is not a very good shot)


The problem with buying items in bulk, especially for things like meat is that you have to know how to cook them in a thousand and one ways or you get sick of them real fast. I have not had any problems in the starch/carbo side, where I had Mashed Potatoes, Baked Potatoes and whatnot. I believe that the body is geared towards eating carbohydrates, therefore one will not get sick of it fast!

Today was the first day of Orientation Week. It is really different from the activities packed, adventure racing, camp filled days of a Singapore Orientation but more of informative lectures. (I think that the fun camps will come later who knows?) The lectures get repetitive fast and do fill up the day from 0900 to 1600 but to know more about the variety of courses offered and to do well in school, they are a good thing to attend. At least a few times at least, and especially on issues that are real different from High school or Singapore society.

Onwards to the Next Lecture
-ARP

No comments:

Post a Comment