Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Au Revoir


Alright, it has been a while since I last posted. I am glad to announce that I have reached the end stage for my pre-flight.

  • Lodgings – Check
  • Plane Tickets – Check
  • Financial Matters – Check
  • VISA – Check
  • Australian Number/Phone – Check
  • Packing – Check (I Hope I didn’t miss out anything)


Okay, here is something I learnt this week (Yay I learn something new everyday!), you have to inform UQ regarding your flight details for them to organize a Airport Reception 3 ~ 4 days before your actual flight. Well, due to my laziness hehhehheh erm… I did not manage to make the 3 days dateline and I guess I have to settle the trip from the airport to UQ by myself.

UQ gives people like me 2 different options, take a cab ($50) or take public transport ($25).

On a more personal note, I am feeling real nervous about leaving Singapore. Like I mentioned in the first post, this will be my first time doing a solo trip overseas. Additionally this will not be a short trip like a holiday. One year will have passed before I return home to Singapore. I mean, Singapore is not a perfect country, the humidity is a killer, and the insects are a pain not to mention the lousy Internet connection in a HDB flat.

But,

We have our own unique culture. Many people attribute things such as language, attitude to determine their own culture. In Singapore, as a glutton, I believe Food is one or even the most important aspect that determines or even create Singapore’s identity and culture. It reflects our immigration nation aspects with its diverse range of food all coexisting side by side from the streets to high-end restaurants in classy malls.

My friends and family, from my crazy fellows whom I lived, sweat, fought, cried with for the last two years to my Family (Who seems to be more nervous than me, repeat after me, slow is smooth, smooth is fast, slow is smooth, smooth is fast).

GoodBye


-ARP

No comments:

Post a Comment