Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast

Ok, when one goes overseas for a holiday, the packing list seems massive. You have your clothes for the season, the adaptors, your toiletries and all the other assorted personal things you cannot live without. Now, consider the fact that I will be staying there for months at least instead of the days or weeks a holiday will entail.

Well, even facing all the packing and other things one has to do, do not panic. While it may seem like a humongous task, looming above you, do not break under the pressure and be flustered.

What you have to consider are the differences between a holiday and an extended trip. In my case, seeing as I am going there to study, stationaries are a large part of the things I am packing. Another aspect is the comfort and health as you settle into another country. Take for example shoes, while one can walk around a Singapore house barefooted, in Australia during winter, that could be a rather uncomfortable experience and I will be getting indoor slippers to solve this issue.

I find that a large amount of the tasks can be grouped together and dealt with in one go. For example, after all with Funan the IT Mall (basically one of the premier IT hubs in Singapore) and Art Friend (super stationary and art shop, effectively a supermarket for stationary) at Bugis within walking distance of each other, I will just spend one day hitting both location and settling 2 different things at once. With that, my IT and stationaries worries are settled.


View Larger Map

Using this method, the large list of tasks can be managed quickly and effectively! So all in all, the thing is to do things calmly and they will fall in place. (Well I hope that happens, otherwise…) By panicking, I feel that it will not only slow down my plans, but also cause me to lose out on all the interesting things that I will otherwise notice. The journey is just as important as the destination in my opinion!

Going off track for a moment here, I realize that I should not update my blog at a place with a unstable connection, I ended up with 47 copies of my first post when, in frustration, went and mashed the publish button and it all went up after a while. Also, I will be getting a bright and shiny Camera soon, so look out for the pictures that will be coming up soon! (I hope)


- ARP

No comments:

Post a Comment