Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Epic-Tier Equipment Looted

It is winter over in Australia right now. The 4 seasons are akin to mystical beasts like the Unicorn here in Singapore. After all our weather patterns go something like “Sunny”, “Sunny with traces of clouds” and “Sunny with rainclouds”. An equatorial country with a mean temperature of 28 degrees Celsius and real high humidity, winter is certainly a foreign concept to someone like me.

So, what exactly did I get for my trip down South? Well, long johns for innerwear, followed by wool pullovers and windbreakers, one for indoor one for extreme conditions.

I find that travel shops, especially those specializing in winter clothing such as ColdWear or WinterWear will stock clothing that are suitable for such a trip. (I hope! Or my first few posts from Australia will be filled with Pain) Not only that, they usually provide pamphlets that show what one will need for various temperature ranges. Those provide a good rough guide for your purchasing needs. If you require more detailed information (like I do), all the shop assistants were able to answer my queries with information and advice to my satisfaction and you can feel free to ask them.

I realize that different brands have different qualities and that is one thing to take note of. As I will be going to Australia for an extended stay, it is crucial that my clothing do not fall apart on me after a few rounds of washing.

All in all, I am real satisfied with what I bought today. Pictures will be up when I get my camera and you will certainly see them in action when I get to Australia!


-ARP

No comments:

Post a Comment